Use Our Resources
Use Our Resources
Barrie Public Library has a lot to offer you. Whether you are doing homework or looking for something to pass the time, checkout the resources available to you.
We have many resources that you can access from home, school or work. If you can't make it to the library or you're up late working on an assignment here's how you can use your Library - even when we're closed!
- Library Catalogue - You can search the catalogue for materials, place holds and renew your library items.
- Online Databases - These databases allow you to do research in magazine and newspaper articles covering a wide range of subjects. You will need a BPL library card to access the databases.
- Audiobooks Online - With your library card, you can download audiobooks to your home computer or MP3 player.
- eBooks - Electronic books provide a wide range of research and reference materials online to assist you with your homework or research project
- Community Information - Information Barrie (a service provided by Barrie Public Library) is a community and referral service, bringing people and services together.
- Library Events
- Can’t find what you’re looking for? We welcome your questions! Ask a Librarian
If you do not have Internet access at home, or your service / computer is down, the library can help.
- Internet access computers are available for public use while in the library.
- You must have a valid library card or present valid photo ID
- You are limited to 90 minutes per day.
- You may not use a library card other than your own.
- The Barrie Public Library has wireless internet available for you to use with your own devices.
- The Library’s Internet Use Guidelines applies to all users, including those using a wireless connection
Need to get away from it all? Small, quiet and private. Just the ticket for studying ... make use of our study rooms
- At both our Downtown and Painswick locations, study rooms are available on a first come, first served basis, during regular library hours.
- You may use these rooms to read quietly, work on an assignment, or for independent study.
Checking out items is as easy as 1-2-3 if you know the rules. ..find out about loan periods, limits and fines