Volunteer at the Barrie Dragon Boat Festival
Are you passionate about helping your community? Do you need community service hours for high school? Volunteering at the Barrie Dragon Boat Festival is a fun and rewarding way to fulfil your goals.
We are recruiting for our 2017 festival, which takes place on Saturday, August 26. Volunteer positions include:
- Volunteer Administration (Work in the Volunteer Administration Tent assisting with sign-in of volunteers)
- Parking Crew (Control access to parking and the working area of the festival)
- Information Tent (Provide festival information to the public and participants)
- Food and Beverage Runners (Distribute refreshments to festival staff/volunteers unable to leave their positions)
- Team Registration (Assist with Race Day registration of teams)
- Team Marshals (Control access to marshalling area and docks, and assist in assembly area for teams)
- Site Crew (Assist with setup and teardown of the festival site)
- Announcer's Assistant (Assist the Announcer by collecting and relaying information)
- Results Runner (Collect and relay race results from/to Race HQ and the results board)
- Entertainment Area Crew (Act as stage-hand assistants to the Festival Concert Producer)
- and more!
Visit http://barriedragonboatfestival.ca/volunteers/ to learn more about how you can help.