Introducing the Scotiabank Giller Prize Longlist
Twelve Canadian writers are contending for what has undoubtedly become the richest fiction prize in Canada - the $100,000 Scotiabank Giller Prize. The shortlisted authors will be unveiled on Monday, Oct. 6. The winner will be revealed at the annual Scotiabank Giller Prize gala, which will air on CBC Television on Monday, Nov. 10 with host Jian Ghomeshi of CBC Radio's Q.
The 2014 Scotiabank Giller Prize longlisted books are (links to the titles in the library catalogue included below):
- Waiting for the Man by Arjun Basu (ECW Press)
- The Betrayers by David Bezmozgis (HarperCollins Canada)
- American Innovations by Rivka Galchen (HarperCollins Canada)
- Tell by Frances Itani (HarperCollins Canada)
- Watch How We Walk by Jennifer LoveGrove (ECW Press)
- Us Conductors by Sean Michaels (Random House Canada)
- Moving Forward Sideways Like a Crab by Shani Mootoo (Doubleday Canada)
- The Girl Who Was Saturday Night by Heather O'Neill (HarperCollins Canada) ·
- Paradise and Elsewhere by Kathy Page (John Metcalf Books/Biblioasis)
- My October by Claire Holden Rothman (Penguin Canada)
- All My Puny Sorrows by Miriam Toews (Knopf Canada)
- The Ever After of Ashwin Rao by Padma Viswanathan (Random House Canada)
You can learn more about the longlisted books at CBC Books' special Scotiabank Giller Prize page.